Sunday, April 23, 2006

Week #14: Recommitment Time

04/23/2006

Did you wonder where I was yesterday? Well, let me tell you . . .

DH decided that it was time to purchase an XBOX 360. Now, you would think that once you purchased the system and a few games, that you were pretty much done, right? WRONG! In order to hook the thing up to our home entertainment system, you have to remove wires, replace wires, move furniture, reposition components, etc. That also meant we had to decide where to put the old XBOX, which meant two other rooms suddenly came into play. Then, to add another element to the mix, DH decided that he wanted XBOX Live.

So, I spent most of the morning learning how to set up a wireless network in my house and going shopping for the necessary equipment. Once I had all that, I had to do some stuff to my PC then start working on all the equipment. DH even had to modify the entertainment center. So, you can imagine how full that day was.

There are two things that will cause DH and I to fight - one is hanging wallpaper and the other is dealing with our entertainment system.

Surprisingly, it went VERY smoothly and no one was called any names. WOO HOO!

Now, you may have noticed in the results section on the right that, once again, I posted no loss. Yep, that's right.

So, I decided that maybe it was time to take a look at what I've been doing the last few weeks and see where there was room for improvement. Right away I recognized that I have not been consistent with exercise. Also, since I had a client in town last week, there were a few meals eaten out. For two of those meals I did NOT make good choices. Also, I have only been drinking the minimum 64 oz of water lately whereas I use to get in 128 oz.

Therefore, yesterday morning was "Recommitment Time." Starting yesterday, I decided that I would:

1. Exercise every morning like I was doing back in January and February.
2. Consume a minimum of 100 oz of water each day.
3. Stick to the diet plan 100%.

I'm tired of being over 200 pounds. Yes, that's still a milestone goal for me, but I've decided to not focus on it anymore. I've decided to look beyond that 200 mark and start focusing on 181, which is the official half way mark. I also told DH to not tie his quitting smoking to my weight loss. I think that may have been putting pressure on me that I didn't need. (Besides, if he wants to quit smoking, then he should do it for himself, not for me, right?) I'll lose the weight with time when my body is ready to, and having those extra "goals" seem to be more of a negative than a positive incentive for me. I'm happier in my body right now that I have been in a very long time and I'm looking forward to getting even happier.

With friendship,

Care'

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Funny story! Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. You have a very nice blog here. You'll see a loss at the end of the week with the changes you're making. I'll check back soon!

Caré said...

Thanks for dropping by, Wendy! I had a blast hanging out on your blog yesterday, so I'll be back for sure!

Care'

Karon said...

Congrats on the recommitment. I'm sure you'll do well with it. Sometimes, just letting go of the milestone is enough. I wish you luck!

heavenlydm said...

It must be nice to have only two things that would put you and DH into a boxing ring...and, they aren't things that come up that often :) My house is "game free" and not really on purpose, but just is, so I don't have to deal with such things. You'd think they'd charge you less because of how much work you have to do to get things going.

It looks like you've got yourself going in the right direction with refocusing yourself. Those times come for all of us. I know you'll be walking down the back of that troll with ease.

Nice to see you on my blog.

Happy Loosing!

Diane

Caré said...

Thanks, Karon. I hope you're right about letting go of the milestone. I know it's helped my attitude. I don't seem to be as stressed out when I step on the scale now, so that's a start, right?

Diane, Thanks for stopping by! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a game-free house, but I think that would also mean I'd have a husband-free house! LOL! The funny thing is, when I was younger I loved to play video games. Now I find them boring. Vince didn't get to play video games as a kid, so maybe that's why he finds them so fun? Ahhhhhh . . . married life - LOL!

Care'