Sunday, June 25, 2006

Week #23: Another Week, Another Half Pound

06/25/2006

Another half pound gone! This is great since I was on a business trip all last week. I find it VERY difficult to stay on plan while traveling. Just getting in all the water each day is a true struggle. I think that's because I pretty much have to talk the whole time, so I don't shut up long enough to take a sip. (And my hubby wonders why I'm so quiet when I get back from a trip!)

I plan to get back on the exercise wagon this week, now that my "sports injury" has officially healed. Plus, I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday, so I'm super-excited. Of course I'm running around like a mad woman trying to get everything done so I can leave with no worries. Wish me luck!

I met with some fellow NSers for lunch yesterday. As always, it was a lot of fun. I finally got to meet Pam, Fire and Jackie. Jackie is pretty new to NS and it was nice to see someone excited again. I think that helped re-motivate me.

I also got a TERRIFIC compliment on Friday of last week. I was going through the airport security line and I could tell that the TSA official was really comparing ids to faces. I knew I'd get a double-take since I'd been stopped on previous trips, but this time I got a triple-take. He looked at my license, then at me, then my license, then at me, then at my license (this time for a while) and then at me again. Finally, he said, "You've lost a lot of weight. Damn, you're HOT!" He he. I didn't kiss or hug him for saying it, but man, it was tempting. I've been floating on that compliment for a few days now.

Also, I FINALLY heard some news on the job front. It looks like things are starting to fall into place and I should have an offer in the very near future. How bad is that - go on vacation then come back and give notice? Knowing me I'll probably give a month notice anyway because the project I'm working on is SO close to being done. Plus, I don't want to dump the project on my fellow co-workers. I know, I know . . . I'm too nice. Maybe I'll just give enough notice that the guy on which the project will be dumped has a chance to get his vacation in. I'd hate it if he had to cancel it because of me.

Okay, well, I'm off to try and get the 100 things on my list done today. If anyone is bored and needs something to do, holler . . . I can probably find a task for you.

With friendship,

Care'

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Damn girl, I wish someone at TSA would give me a compliment. All I ever hear is, "Can you step into the cubicle, please?" :-) Just kidding, but you know what I mean. I'm glad you're excited again, and great job on managing aloss during a hectic week!

Emily said...

Great job with the loss, even with a trip. That comment about your license must have made you feel great! I think I might have kissed him for that. Good luck getting back on track with the exercise. Glad you're injury is healing.