Sunday, November 05, 2006

Week #42: Sometimes You Just Gotta Graze . . .

11/06/2006

Well, the scale has me up half a pound today. I'm not surprised, really. Or, maybe I am - I'm surprised it's ONLY have a pound.

You see, I had a craving this week, that really started nagging at me last Friday. I resisted as much as I could, but found myself "eating around" the craving. Basically, instead of eating the thing I really wanted and just being done with it, I ate all this other stuff to try and satisfy me. So, instead of getting hit with one 300 calorie pop, I'll bet I ate an additional 1,500 calories this week just trying to satisfy it with healthy stuff.

It didn't work.

Last night I finally realized what I was doing and ate the darn thing I wanted in the first place.

So, what did I learn?

If you really are craving something, just eat it and move on. Now I have an additional 1,500 calories to deal with instead of 300. An expensive lesson to learn, but one that is valuable for future reference . . .

Other than that, everything has been great - especially on the exercise front. I have two more 5Ks scheculed and am training for a 10K. Also, I joined my city's natatorium yesterday, so I plan to get in some additional fitness activities. I'm looking forward to swimming again. I haven't wanted to be in a swimsuit in public for years. In fact, I still really would prefer to have another 25 pounds off of me before I subject the world to my figure. But, if I had that attitude when I started running, then I would not be where I am today. So, screw 'em. If they don't like the size of my behind, they can look elsewhere, right? :)

With friendship,

Care'

3 comments:

DirkStar said...

Babe, beauty is in the smile and in the heart. Eat, live happy and be who you are.

http://jestersrap.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

Great job on the exercise, Care'! And you're absolutely right about the cravings. It's usually best to just eat small portions of what we're craving.

You know, I am technically at "goal" and I still hate being seen in a bathing suit. I guess it's all mental. I will be seen, but I hate it every time!

heavenlydm said...

I was 'wowed' by your progress pics...good going. You know, I started out wearing 28-30, and now I'm sporting 18's. For that alone - EVERYBODY on the planet is gonna have to look at me in a bathing suit...ROFL!!! I went shopping for suits I loved myself in and now I sashay (?sp) in them all the time without a second thought. Do it for you!