Saturday, October 28, 2006

Week #41: Half Way There

10/28/2006

Today marks the half-way point in my weight loss journey. That's right. Half way. Just a few months ago I didn't think I'd make it here, although I did try to hang in there and not go backwards.

At the half-way point I find that my drive to finish has only strengthened. After all, I came this far. Why stop now?

I find that I am actually enjoying exercise. I have a 5K under my belt and am training for the next one. I'm considering a 10K and am looking ahead to a half marathon. Yes, a marathon is in my future. I know it is.

I find that I actually enjoy eating salads, eating veggies, and drinking water. I like to eat and drink healthy because I like the way it makes me feel - strong, healthy, in control. This from a person that couldn't go two days without a cheeseburger, fries and a shake.

I find that I am enjoying life more. Yeah, there are people in this world that are a pain in the ass, but they don't bother me as much any more.

I find that my relationship with my son and my husband is better. It's because I am better. It's because I like myself now.

I find that I enjoy feeling the muscles in my legs and love that my behind is smaller.

I find that I enjoy shopping for clothes now, and even try to buy stuff that shows off my figure, rather than hiding it.

Yes, I still have a journey ahead of me. I still am overweight. I still need to strengthen and tone.

But, you know what? I'm doing it. Yeah, I really am doing it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

With friendship,

Care'

2 comments:

Jesi said...

Hey hot stuff! Great pics.. you look awesome! I'm so inspired by your attitude. Its so great to see that you are not just doing it but you are seeing ( and feeling) changes in your life. Thats just so great.

Karon said...

Look at you! You look fabulous sweetie. Glad you're feeling better about yourself and more healthy. I love how just getting our eating and weight more in control empowers us in other areas of our lives. I'm so happy for you!