Saturday, October 21, 2006

My First 5K

10/21/2006

Yeah, you heard me. I ran my very first 5K today. My legs are pretty sore this afternoon and my head is swollen from how proud I am of myself, but other than that I feel great! I even managed to complete the race in 47:59 - 3:01 FASTER than my goal. Yeah, I know that's pretty slow, but it's only slightly slower than when I run on the treadmill at home. The course ending up being mostly uphill and it was tough weaving through all the walkers, but it was still a wonderful experience. The weather was perfect for running.

I can't wait to do another one. Only this time I want to run the whole thing!

I haven't even weighed yet, so I'll have to do that tomorrow (had to get up at 4:00 a.m. to make the race.) Now, with running 3.1 miles today the scale had BETTER be friendly - LOL!

With friendship,

Care'

4 comments:

Emily said...

Grat Job Care'! I'm so proud of you. That is such an accomplishment, and you deserve to have a swollen head. That's called pride. I think all of us need to have a little more of it. You earned it, girlie!

Melissa said...

Hey girl, how was your first 5k? I'm waiting for the update, lol. I'm sure you did great. just doing it was a major accomplishment, and I'm really proud of you. let us know!

heavenlydm said...

HOLY WOW!!!! Amazing! You are SO doing a great job!

Jesi said...

wholly crap! I disappear for a bit and come back to you running 5K! Thats so awesome. I'm so very happy for you Care!