Saturday, May 06, 2006

How I Cured my Craving for Chocolate

It's rare that I post more than once in a day, but this is just too good not to share.

So I'm at work (not getting much done) and I decide it's time for a chocolate fix. There's this one guy I work with that ALWAYS has mini-Reese's at his desk, so I decided to go grab a couple. I know, I know . . . I don't NEED them . . . I WANT them. . .

So, I go back there and, yep, there's the basket of Reese's. I grab two and something on his desk catches my eye. It's kind of strange looking so I bend over for a closer look.

It's a clear bag full of eyeballs (about 30).

I laugh - what a prankster he is - HA HA HA.

I decide that I'm going to mess with HIM before he gets a chance to mess with me! Visions (pun intended) of putting the eyeballs in his desk, on top of his monitor, on his phone, inside empty Reese's wrappers, etc. dance through my head. This will be especially funny because I'll be out of town next week. MMMMUUUUHHHAHAHAHAHA!

I reach out to pick up the bag-o-eyeballs. My fingertips are within millimeters of the bag when I remember . . . my co-worker has a glass eye!

So, I almost played what would have been a REALLY MEAN joke on someone!

Also . . . EEEEEEWWWWW!

The EEEEEEWWWW comes in not because he has a glass eye, but bececuase I almost touched someone's eyeball! I mean, I know glass eyeballs probably feel like marbles, but they look so real that I expect them to FEEL real.

So, after that little "eye-opening" experience, I decided that maybe I didn't want any chocolate after all. I mean, how could I eat with everyone starring at me??????

Here's looking at you,

Care'

4 comments:

Karon said...

Sure am glad you remembered about the eye! Whew!

And darn it all. I missed your entrance into Onederland! Welcome, honey. I can't think of a person who deserves that more than you. Hugs!

Caré said...

Karon - THANK YOU! I tell you, hitting 199 has made me really obnoxious! DH is loving it!

Care'

Jesi said...

Too funny! My uncle had a glass eye and I remember coming upon it once when I was little when it was sitting on his dresser... its a very shocking experience. Glad you didn't do anything mean :)

heavenlydm said...

ROFLMBO!!! IIIIIIII CCCCCCC UUUUUUUUU Care' LOL.

Congrats on the onesies! Wow!

Lady - you can do the trip and get some walking in and end up on top. I went home last summer and was able to do some videos, but the walking is what really helped me - so get to stepping lady! :)