Sunday, September 10, 2006

Week #34: Wow . . . 34 weeks?

09/10/2006

As I was typing in the title of the post I had to stop for a moment. 34 weeks? 34 weeks! That's a long time considering the average life of any diet in the past has been about 10 weeks. Yeah, I've had my ups and downs, but I am proud of myself for sticking with it. Even during the times when I didn't do what I was supposed to do, I still maintained. Now, THAT is a HUGE accomplishment.

I still struggle with wanting the bad stuff. Just last week I indulged in a cheeseburger, fries and ice cream while on a business trip. I also didn't make as good of choices while eating out as I could have. There's part of me that doesn't want to. That's the part of me that gets really pissed off that I have to work so dang hard for something that comes easily to others. (Admit it . . . you've ALL wanted to trip a skinny person at some point in your life - LOL!)

Along with the 34 week realization, I also stopped to think about where I am on this journey.

Just 1 pound away from my next mini-goal of 190.

Just 5 pounds away from 186. Holy cow - 186!

186 is significant to me for many reasons. First, it's the official half-way point between my non-NS starting weight of 238 and my goal weight of 135. Second, it's in the 180s, which I haven't seen since my 20s. (And it will be awesome to be out of the 190s.) Third, and most importantly, it's the weight I was when I met Vince. I've always felt a bit guilty that I'd "let myself go," so getting back to 186 will be awesome.

And to think I was beating myself up less than 48 hours ago about my bad choices. Yeah, I wish I could take them back, but at least I didn't let them beat me.

With friendship,

Care'

2 comments:

Jesi said...

you are doing so awesome! I missed you Care.. but I'm back now and in the hot South!!

Bob said...

Keep at it, Care. You are doing just fine.