Sunday, September 17, 2006

Week #35: Up a Half a Pound, But Celebrating Anyway

09/17/2006

While it appears that I may weigh in the 190s FOREVER, I'm still pretty happy this week. I had a HUGE non-scale victory. You see, I have a shirt that only comes out every now and then for me to put on, sigh at how it shows the rolls of fat on my back, and then immediately take it back off. Last Friday I realized I was behind on laundry and needed a top to wear. Knowing that I wasn't leaving the house, I decided I could ignore the rolls for a few hours while I did the wash. I put the shirt on, put a grimmace on my face, and turned to check out my back side in the mirror. You know what? The rolls were GONE!

I NO LONGER HAVE BACK FAT! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

So, I decided to check out other areas to see how they were improving. The stomach (my biggest problem area) is still the worst part. But, I'm able to see my toes when I look down now. Also, I'm starting to see my c-section scar. While that may not sound like something to celebrate on the surface, it means that the roll on my stomach is starting to disappear. (Yeah, I know - TMI!).

The buns are also starting to firm up. Cool.

I decided to take my measurements - something I hadn't done in a while. Amazing! I've lost 19 inches since I began this journey. That's about the size of my son's head! (Which explains why the pants I bought about six weeks ago are already getting baggy.) I decided to start taking measurements once a week so I'd have something besides the scale to mark progress.

And, on the exercise front, I'm doing great. No, I'm not running a full 5K yet, but I'm on my way. I'm actually starting to look forward to my runs. GASP! Yeah, they are still hard and sometimes I feel like I'm actually going to fall over dead while I'm running, but I always survive and it feels terrific.

So, that pretty much sums up what's going on with me. The scale is still evil, but I'm making new friends with the treadmill and the tape measure.

With friendship,

Care'

4 comments:

Karon said...

How cool for you to finally note the progress you're making without the help of the scale. I'm so happy for you!

Jesi said...

Good for you Care! Those are awesome accomplishments! I hope the Couch to 5K goes well for you as I am very intersted in trying it myself.
I'm hoping that within the next 2 weeks or so I will be read to start on a new exersize routine and back to good eating.

Congrats again! I'm so happy for you. Now its time to go out and get new clothes (I love shopping!!)

Melissa said...

Congrats on your great progess Care! Doesn't it make you feel good to see all that fat- or rather, not see it??? Keep up the good work!

Emily said...

Congrats on losing the back fat! That is definitely worth a "woo-hoo". You will get past that stuck scale, but not having back fat is something to celebrate. Good for you!