Sunday, September 24, 2006

Week #36: Just a bit more . . .

09/24/2006

And I can kiss the 190s goodbye! You can imagine how excited I was to see 190 this morning, and the scale was flashing 189.5! I think the last two days have really made a difference.

Yes, I've talked about recommiting in the past, but I really did it this time. Yesterday I worked out for 71 minutes on the treadmill and burned around 500 calories. That's more than double what I typically do. After doing that yesterday morning, there was no way in hell I was going to put something off plan in my mouth. Plus, I was dang thirsty, so the water was not a problem at all. So, in a few minutes I plan to get back on the treadmill again to burn another 500 calories. I'm DETERMINED, to see the 180s this month, darn it!

On another topic, I had lunch yesterday with about 10 of my NS friends. It was great fun, as always. You know, I've always had a hard time making friends and tend to avoid group gatherings. But I immediately clicked with this group back in April when we first met. It's almost like you know them already because you already understand their struggles.

With friendship,

Care'

2 comments:

Emily said...

Great job, Care'! You will see the 180's this month if yu keep it up. No doubt about it. Keep up the good work on the treadmill. You're doing great.

I have met some really great friends through NS. Not everyone in our lives knows what we're going through. It is nice to be around people who do.

Karon said...

Yea for you! I'm so happy to read how well you're doing. Shoot, you're already in the 180s. It's the next decade down, the 170s that better watch out!