Sunday, January 21, 2007

Week #53: Just . . . One . .. More . . . Pound . . .

01/21/2007

I weighed in at 180.5 today - a new all time low. Just one more pound and I'm in the 170s.

You know, it seems like it's getting harder and harder to drop the weight. I don't know if that's because I've lost so much that my body is now fighting me. Or, it could be all the training I'm doing where the muscle I'm building is hiding the weight loss. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm trying to just stay focused. I know I still have weight to lose - I can look at my stomach and see exactly where it is going to come from. I do know that my stomach is my stubborn area too. Even when I was at my lowest weight I still had a small pooch of a belly.

Who knows . . . maybe it's a factor of all three.

It just seems like I've been working toward the 170s for so long. But, I do remember it seemed like I'd never get to the 180s or even below 200, but I did.

Just stay the course . . . just stay the course.

You know, weight loss is an endurance sport.

With friendship,

Care'

3 comments:

Jesi said...

Awesome job Care. I'm so happy for you and jealous at the same time :)

Emily said...

It really is about the endurance. You're right. No matter how much wieght you have to lose, if it's not a long term change, it won't stick. I'm definitely learning that!

Great job on the 180. You'll be in the 170's next week, I'm sure.

Caré said...

Jesi - I'll bet you can pass me up. I'm not exactly zipping through this thing. LOL!

Emily - I weighed this morning - 179.5! We'll see if it sticks on weigh-in day.