Friday, March 03, 2006

Update on DS

03/03/2006

We visited the alternative school on Tuesday. I think it was a good thing. Jacob seemed to respond well to the director and seemed to understand what would happen to him if he continued to misbehave in school. Also, Jacob realized that he did NOT want to go to the alternative school. So, I guess time will tell if he truly wants to behave or not.

In the meantime I decided to take him to his doctor for an ADD/ADHD evaluation. My thinking was that the doctor would say "no, he doesn't have it" so I could get the school to stop treating him like he has a problem. (Sometimes I think they give him too much sympathy, so he gets away with stuff he shouldn't). Well, I was stunned when the doctor came back and said that Jacob needs to be evaluated by a pediatric neurologist. Crap. I figured the worst that would come out of his mouth was "yes, he has ADD / ADHD and we should put him on X and see how he does." Then, DH and I would have to decide if we wanted to do meds or not. Now there's a whole other layer added in that has me feeling very frustrated.

Darn it. I want to EAT.

You know, I just want to do the right thing for my kid, and I'm just not sure what that is right now.

Care'

1 comment:

Karon said...

See my comment on your previous post. If you wanna email me, feel free. There's a link on my blog or it may be in my NS profile. Hang in there honey.