Saturday, March 18, 2006

Week #9 Results: Back on Track

03/18/2006

I'm happy to report a 2 lb loss this week! That means I've surpassed my mini-goal of 210 and am racing towards 205. I'm so close to being under 200 . . . it almost doesn't seem possible. On one hand I feel like it's taking FOREVER to get there, but then I'm stunned that I've dropped 22.5 lbs in only 9 weeks.

206.5 is my first milestone goal. That will put me at the 25% of weight lost mark. At that point I think I'll be ready to post some before & after pictures.

Jake spent the week and Grandma's & Grandpa's for spring break, so it's been very quiet around here. Vince and I haven't been quite sure what to do with ourselves! We miss him a lot, but we have enjoyed the peace and quiet.

I do have a little victory to share. I decided to go shopping for jeans yesterday. The jeans I have now are really getting embarassing. I broke down and ordered a pair of 16s off of ebay, and those are already getting a little baggy, so you can imagine how the 18s are looking on me. Well, I decided to try on the 14s. Well, you know what, they are a bit tight BUT I could zip and button them AND they didn't have elastic in the sides! WOO HOO! I cannot WAIT until I can wear jeans without elastic again. So, I placed a bid on a pair of 14s on ebay again. By the time they get here I should be able to wear them comfortably. Buying the jeans off of ebay has been really great. I hate to spend a lot of money for jeans that I'll only wear for a few weeks - know what I mean? I think I've had those 16s for 3 weeks now and think I'll only get another 2 more weeks of wear out of them.

Okay, I've rambled enough this morning. It's time to wake up the hubby and start enjoying the weekend. Have a great one!

With friendship,

Care'

1 comment:

Karon said...

Congratulations on your two pound loss. That's fantastic. You're certainly making nice progress. Be proud!