Sunday, August 20, 2006

NSVs

08/20/2006

Just a quick post because I'm about to head to the airport (again!) and won't have Internet access for a couple of days.

I have two WONDERFUL non-sale victories to share. Since it's been a while, I'm doubly excited.

Since I've started the new "old" job, I have to dress professionally again. I noticed this week that my clothing was hanging off of me. I mean, embarassingly so. For some reason I thought that all this stuff would still fit.

Anyway, I had to get some new hose. Now, ladies, are you ready for this? I no longer have to buy the "Just My Size" hose. I can actually buy the regular ones! Yeah, I'm still a size Q, but at least I'm not that dreaded 3X anymore.

Also, I needed to get some new clothes. After all, how can you climb the career ladder if your pants are falling off? I walked into a store and immediately paniced. I wasn't sure what size I was. I use to be a 20-22. So, I picked up a size 18 suit and a size 16 suit and headed to the dressing room. Imagine my surprise when I was swimming in the 18. Then, I tried the 16. STILL TOO BIG!

NO FREAKING WAY!

So, I had the sales lady grab me a 14. I didn't think it would fit, but it did! So, I bought a few outfits last night in a size 14.

14!

It's been at least 5 years since I was a 14.

The hard part was limiting myself to buying only a few things. After all, I don't plan to be a 14 for much longer.

With friendship,

Care'

No comments: