Sunday, August 13, 2006

Week #30: It's Time

08/13/2006

It's time.

Last week I posted about how I knew it was time to recommit, but I wasn't quite ready to yet. Well, I'm ready now.

I'm sick of seeing the scale bounce between 192.5 and 195.

I'm sick of feeling fat again.

I'm sick of knowing what I'm supposed to do, but not doing it.

I'm sick of feeling tired.

I'm sick of feeling depressed.

I'm sick of knowing that something better is out there for me and that I just need to reach for it.

I'm sick of being in limbo about my relationship with my dad.

I'm sick of not knowing who I am.

I'm sick of not embracing life - of holding back because I'm so scared of rejection.

I'm sick of not being as physically strong and fit as I know I can be.

I'm sick of being out of control.

It's time for me to get back in control.

It's time for me to be strong.

It's time for me to feel energetic and fit.

It's time for me to feel empowered and confident in who I am.

It's time for me to either repair or discard the relationships with my family that have haunted me all my life.

It's time for me to embrace life and accept the wonderful things that are out there for me. No more rejecting love and appreciation for others.

It's time for me to be accountable again - to myself and to my fellow losers.

It's time for me to be me.

With friendship,

Care'

4 comments:

Emily said...

You definitely sound ready for changes. That's a lot to take on, but if you take it step by step, you'll get there!

Melissa said...

You got your moto back girl! Congrats on being back on track!

Bob said...

You're right. It is time. And you can do all of these things. The strength to do them is inside you.

Leigh said...

Good for you! I know how you feel, I'm bouncing around from 248-257 for a couple months now...I need to recommit as well and keep swearing that I will, but have lost some motivation. I'm sure I'll get it back eventually...in the mean time, it's great to read you and be inspired by your determination! Keep it up!