Sunday, August 27, 2006

Week #32: Putting it All Together

08/27/06

First, the weigh in results. No loss. No gain. 192.5 seems to be a number my body likes. But you know what? I've only been back on the NS foods for a couple of days, so I'm sure next week will show better results.

Second, the exercise results. I started the Couch-to-5K plan last week. (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml). I was hesitant to admit that was what I was doing, but you know what? It's time I did so that someone is holding me accountable. I actually started it 2 weeks ago, but didn't do so well the first week. This week, however was a success! I am in week 2 of the plan now and am pretty excited to see my progress. There is a 5K coming up in October that I'd like to do. Now I have a goal! I have always wanted to be a runner, and I'm happy to say I'm making steps in that direction.

Third, the food results. My NS food arrived on Wednesday, so I started on Thursday. Thursday was perfect. Friday was not-so-perfect. I did great for everything but lunch. It was one of those last minute things for which I didn't get to plan, so I caved and had something I shouldn't have. But, I didn't let that get me down and immediately got back on plan. Saturday was 100% perfect and today is 100% perfect so far. So, I'm SURE the scale will budge for me. IT BETTER! LOL!

Fourth, my mid-life crisis update. The good news is that I feel like I'm moving forward again. I'm not sure what the future holds for me, but I'm glad to be taking steps again. For a few months I was stuck in limbo. I hate being in limbo. I'm still scared about what the end result will be, but I'm ready to get there.

Fifth, a job update. I've officially been on the new job for 2 weeks. This last week was really good (except for Monday - see previous post) and I'm starting to get busy. That helps. I hate not being busy. So, already I feel like I'm adding value. I do miss my old job a lot. In fact, I gave a couple of the guys a call last week to say hello and to make sure they hadn't forgotten about my going-away party (thanks, Bob!). There are still times when I want to run back to the old job, but I try to take it day by day. I am enjoying the fact that I'm not having to kill myself right now by working a ton of hours.

Sixth, a kiddo update. Jake started 3rd grade this month. He's complaining about the length of the day, but is otherwise happy. He likes his new teacher and he's enjoying the material. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this year is a huge success.

Seventh, a hubby update. Vince has decided that he wants to go to culinary school, so he is in the process of figuring out where he wants to go. It's probably a year off because we want to get the house repairs done first.

Eight, speaking of home repairs . . . the leak is fixed and sheet rock has been hung in the bedroom. We're still sleeping in the living room because Vince hates it. (I figure that will help motivate him to get the rest of the repairs done ASAP). We haven't made much progress in the last two weekends, but are planning a big push for the upcoming holiday weekend.

Ninth, my next weight goal. It's been a long time since I've set a mini-goal, so it's time to do it again. My next mini-goal is 190. Yeah, the difference between 192.5 and 190 is not much, but I typically do 5 pound increments and this helps make the math easier - LOL!

I'm trying to think of a tenth thing, but my mind is blank. I guess that's a sign that it's time to sign off.

With friendship,

Care'

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Well Care, it sounds like you have a lot up your alley this week! First of all, congratulations on being back on track. I've done so myself, and I feel better then I have in a long time. Doesn't it feel good to be "right" again? I'm also glad your home repairs are coming along, and I'm sure your son will get to liking school. It's always the first week that kills me. Starts tomorrow, in fact. I read down to your NSV post that you posted b4 you went to Chicago, and I just have to say WAY TO GO! How exciting that you've dropped 3 sizes! I can't wait to know what that feels like. Keep up the great work!

Emily said...

Let us know how the couch to 5K goes. I know people who love that program. I got myself up to 4.5 miles before I totally pooped out and stopped running. I do the elliptical now, but there are times I want to get back on the mill. I'd be surprised if I could even do 2 miles now. It's so different from the elliptical. I'm sure you'll do great!

Bob said...

Only nine? I feel so cheated. :)

You have lots of good and interesting things going on in your life. The weight loss will come. You are making lots of great choices. Good luck with everything.

heavenlydm said...

ROFL...I think if you kept that list going you may have lost me...lol.

I'm glad the job is working out, and congrats on getting moving lady. I don't blame your son for being disgruntled about the length of his day...lol. Tell him we mom's would like a nap time daily...lol.

My daughter is going to a culinary arts program at a local tech college this fall. Good for hubby. You may want to put in your requests up front for his modified light versions of the things he'll be making :).