Monday, January 16, 2006

Day #2

1/16/2005

Well, yesterday marked my 2nd day on the NS plan. I weighed this morning (I know, I know - more on that later) and I was down another .5 lb! COOL! This is the first time in a very long time I've been under 230.

Okay, so . . . why do I weigh every day? For a couple of reasons. . . . (1) it's really motivating to get on the scale and see downward movement; (2) if there's an upward trend, it strengthens my resolve to do better that day; (3) I read somewhere that people who weigh every day are more likely to lose weight and keep it off.

The third point really got me thinking. I honestly never weighed myself, which is probably why I'm so big now. Maybe if I had weighed myself back when I was in the 180 range, I would have put a stop to it. Honestly, when I look in the mirror at myself I do NOT see an overweight person. But, when I see a picture of myself, that's a different story. Which is probably why I never pose for the camera.

What do you think? Do you weigh every day or do you hide the scale?

With friendship,

Care'

No comments: