Saturday, January 28, 2006

Week #2 Results

1/28/2006

Today officially starts week #3 on my weight loss journey. When I stepped on the scale this morning I found I weighed 223 - that's a total loss of 8.5 lbs! I was feeling really great . . .even started my work out program today which consisted of resistance training and walking on the treadmill.

I enjoyed the high for a while when DH reminded me that I needed to take my "before" pics and measurements. (queue tragic music here)

I pulled out the tape measure and took my measurements - YIKES!

Then, I had DH take pics of me - front view, back view and side views - DOUBLE YIKES!

Even though I'm down 8.5 lbs and only 1.5 lbs away from my next mini-goal, I'm kind of feeling down. WHY DO I NOT SEE HOW BIG I AM WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR? Is it my brain's way of allowing me to leave the house every day? UGH!

But, this blog is about my journey and to keep me accountable. So, I'll be posting the pics today. I sure hope they don't scare you away . . .

So, let's focus on the positive here . . .

-I lost another 1.5 lbs
-I'm down 8.5 lbs total
-My clothes feel looser
-My energy level is higher
-I completed my first workout this morning
-I'm drinking all my water
-I'm following the plan 100%

It's in the journey . . . It's in the journey . . .

With friendship,

Caré

No comments: