Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Day 5

1/18/06

Well, today officially marks day #5. I weighed this morning and am down another .5 lb! WOO HOO! I only need to lose 3 more lbs to meet my first mini-goal.

Last night I ate my first NS meal that I did not like. I guess it was bound to happen eventually, right?

Yesterday was a bit tough. I was really hungry all day. I did have to eat lunch earlier than what I normally do and I had to rush because I was late for a meeting, so maybe that was a contributer. I just know that when I got home from work yesterday I was starving. LOL!

It has been interesting to see how my attitude toward food has changed over the last few days. I'm an emotional eater, so food has always been a dominant part of my life. I grew up in a family that shows affection with food, and some of my best memories are around a dinner table. Now that I don't have to think about food anymore, it's becoming less important to me. It hasn't even been a problem that DH and DS are eating differently than I am. The ONLY thing they have had that has "bothered" me has been bisquits. LOL. But, after the bisquits cooled off a bit and didn't have that wonderful smell, I was able to resist.

The other thing I've noticed is that foods I loved before seem to have changed color for me. It's almost like they are paler in color. The foods that are good for me are brighter now. Isn't that strange? Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Okay, now that you think I'm crazy . . .

I'll sign off for now. Talk to you soon!

With friendship,

Care'

No comments: