Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I told you it would be a better day! :)

02/21/2006

I re-read my post from Sunday and, man, do I sound like a whiner or what? I guess that's part of life - ups and downs; highs and lows. I do know that I'm glad I wrote about what I was feeling instead of trying to mask it with potato chips and ice cream. One step at a time, right?

Yesterday was a travel day for me for my business trip this week. I believe I mentioned before that I had my hair cut and completely changed . . . and my face is noticeably different (I can see cheekbones now and I only have 2 chins instead of 2 and a half). Well, airport security felt that I did not look enough like my id so I required further inspection. I was too excited about no longer looking like that girl on my license that I didn't mind the inconvenience. So, that was a nice "upper" after my major "downer" on Sunday.

This week is my first week where I'll be trying to stay on plan without the food. I did pack breakfasts, lunches and desserts so that I'll only be tempted during dinner. I think I did really great last night. We went to Abuelo's and I ordered the vegetable fajitas. Man, they were GOOD! Tonight may have been a different story, however. We went to PF Chang's. I got the lettuce wraps appetizer after reviewing the menu for a while. I ate more that I should have, but I didn't clean the plate like I normally would. When I got back to the hotel I checked the nutrition information online. Yikes! It was a bit high in calories! Hopefully I didn't go over by too much since I skipped my afternoon snack. When I weighed before I left town I had hit my mini-goal of 215, so I'd like to be there or lower when I get home.

So, all in all the last couple of days have been better. I am enjoying having heat in my hotel room, my heat at home should be restored by the time I return, and I'm enjoying some well-deserved alone time.

With friendship,

Care'

1 comment:

Karon said...

You're going to do just fine. Believe in your ability to make healthy choices and then just do it. If you know ahead of time where you're going, you can always check the calories online and plan ahead. Have a good work, sweetie!