Saturday, February 11, 2006

Week #4 Results

02/11/2006

I'll keep it brief today since I wrote a novel yesterday - LOL!

I lost 5 lbs this week! After losing only 1 lb last week, I wasn't expecting such terrific results! From what I've read on the various boards, it appears that week #3 is pretty tough on some people, so include me in that crowd. For those of you in week #3 or where week #3 is coming - just hang tough!

Wow - 14.5 lbs gone. That's amazing! I was talking to my mom the other day and she said that 7 lbs is a dress size. So, that means I should be down 2 sizes. Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

I did the Billy Blanks Basic Boot Camp last night . . . or maybe a more appropriate thing to say is it did me! LOL! That's the first exercise video I've seen where the people being filmed are sweating their butts off. I only made it through about half of it (30 mins) and I had to march in place through some of it, but it was fun. I knew I was getting a work out. At one point you had to do push ups. I was thinking "oh boy, here we go," but I managed to do about 15 out of 20. Of course, they are the ones where you are on your knees, but a month ago I wouldn't have been able to do one.

I also picked up a speed jump rope for when I travel. (I have a business trip coming up the week of the 20th.) Since I can't take my treadmill on the plane and the rooms don't have DVD players, I wanted something that would help me get a bit of a workout in. I did the jump rope yesterday morning, fully expecting to fall on my face, but I actually managed to do it. Jake was impressed!

All right . . . I said I was going to be brief. I guess I lied!

Next mini-goal is 215. I'm only 2 lbs away.

March 20th goal is 200. With the 5 lb drop I had this week that means I need to lose about 3.2 lbs each week for the next 5 weeks. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but that sure seems do-able.

With friendship,

Care'

2 comments:

Karon said...

Looking good! If you have a laptop that you can watch dvds on you could do that for your workout. Otherwise, you have a great plan going. Keep up the great work. Five pounds is GREAT!

Caré said...

Hey Karon - Would you believe that my laptop does not play DVDs? I mean, did my boss have to special order it that way or what? LOL!

Natasha - Wow - 200! That's great! I look so forward to hitting onderland!

With friendship,

Care'